Friday 1 December 2006

ryan arrested

Amecon are very well aware of Mr Gentle. I think it seems they're going to let him turn up on the day and turn him away then in some kind of spectacular fashion which will serve as an example to the rest.

I've seen first hand at how good Ryan is at manipulating those who are young, lacking of social skills as well as being naive and full of hope. Its not a pretty sight at all.

I can confirm that he is being investigated by Devon & Cornwall Police as well as Plymouth Trading standards. Both the old and new Stopryan forums had information on how to pursue a complaint with Ryan and a few forum guys were in the process of taking him to the small claims court.

As for how long it is before something serious happens? I honestly don't know. There are however alot of naive and young female fans out there who honestly are not educated about the dangers. We educate young women and students about the perils of date raping, getting battered on a friday night, etc so why arn't the Cons doing more to educate female anime fans about the occassional nutter at a Con? More could and should be done.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a young woman currently living in the US. A number of years ago, I think I briefly dated this Ryan Gentle on the internet. I was young and naive, and ended up giving him my address. I know, I know...stupid. He never tried to contact me in real life or anything, and we haven't talked since then.

I recently googled his name and found this site and information about what a scammer he is. Is he dangerous as well? Should I be concerned?

Unknown said...

i briefly dated him on the net?? roflmao How can you date someone without meeting them you skank??? pmsl. I love these sites!!!!

OMG most of this is pure fiction and i'm sorry guys but the spelling is atrocious. If any of what you say in these various groups/blogs etc, is true, then tough!!! If you are stupid enough to fall for an online scam then you deserve everything you get!!

And sweetie you can't date someone without every meeting them. Freak!!!!